A recent Pew Research study dived into how everyday Americans are consuming the news in dozens of cities. Among Pittsburgh’s highlights:
• 73% follow local news very or somewhat closely.
• 48% get their local news via TV.
• 52% primarily digest news on their phone.
• 70% say weather is the most important local news to their daily life.
The study also examined how well-connected journalists are within their community:
• 61% of Pittsburghers think local journalists are in touch with the community.
• 21% said they’ve spoken with a local journalist.
You can see all the stats for Pittsburgh, along with other cities, here.
– Logan Armstrong, WordWrite