Wintry weather might just seem inconvenient, but it can be dangerous for seniors. At PA Health & Wellness, we’ve compiled tips to help seniors stay safe this winter:
• Stay warm – Hypothermia can strike both indoors and out. Wear layered clothing and keep your home at 65 degrees.
• Wear the right shoes – Snow and ice can cause deadly slip-and-fall accidents, so wear proper footwear outside.
• Drink water – Dehydration can happen during winter, too.
• Stay social – Unfortunately, wintertime depression is incredibly common. Ward off winter blues by chatting with a loved one over the phone or join a local senior center.
– Justin Davis, PA Health & Wellness