Conferences are great places to develop your business and skills. Here’s how to make the most of them.
• Set goals: Networking? Education? Scouting new business? Determine why you’re going to a conference before picking one.
• Follow the experts: Pick conferences hosted and attended by respected companies and industry professionals.
• Tweet: Tag speakers, share fun gifs and connect with attendees by liking/retweeting posts.
• Ask questions: Strike up conversations by asking people where they’re from, what they do and what brings them there.
• Tell a story: Skip boring elevator speeches. Prepare a case study or achievement to illustrate what you do.
– Robin Rectenwald, WordWrite