Celebrate, Keystone Staters: July 20 is National Pennsylvania Day. Here are seven fun things to know about the second state in the Union.
1. It’s not Pennsylvania – just call it “P-A.”
2. The first day of hunting season is a holiday.
3. PA has the largest Amish population in the U.S.
4. The Little League World Series (emphasis on “world”) is held annually in Williamsport.
5. Home to Hershey’s, PA is the nation’s chocolate capital.
6. Something frequently heard when driving: “That sounded expensive.” PA is unofficially the pothole capital of the world (Pittsburgh concurs).
7. PA has 45 pretzel companies – the most in the country.
– Jensen Troy, WordWrite