It’s summertime – time to lounge by the pool, soak up the sun and … learn your Air Quality Action Day codes?
The Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection declares “action days” when the air is expected to be unhealthy to breathe. The Air Quality Index forecasts and measures daily air quality by a series of colors:
• Green: Good air quality; no health effects are expected.
• Yellow: Extremely sensitive people should limit their time outdoors in moderate air quality.
• Orange: Children, the elderly and other sensitive groups should limit their outdoor activity.
• Red: This code is unhealthy for everyone, restrict your outdoor activity.
– Megan Thorpe, WordWrite Communications