While all city playgrounds, basketball courts and overlooks are temporarily closed, the Pittsburgh Parks Conservancy still believes that being in nature is an essential resource for people of all ages and provides many vital physical and mental health benefits.
With these tips, you can stay safe while using parks for essential outdoor activities:
1. Avoid touching handrails during your park visit.
2. Refrain from scheduling play dates with neighbors or friends.
3. Be prepared for limited access to park facilities, including restrooms.
4. Wash your hands before and after visiting parks and trails.
Visit this page for more information regarding the Conservancy’s COVID-19 policies.
– Jayne Miller, Pittsburgh Parks Conservancy