The Institute for Women’s Policy Research indicates there is a gender wage gap of at least 20 percent and the efforts to bring parity to salaries between women and men is painfully slow. In fact, they predict it will take 41 years to even out – even slower for women of color.
With International Women’s Day on March 8, here are ways you can help speed this effort along.
1. Honor and recognize your female leaders.
2. Re-evaluate job specifications.
3. Make work-life balance a priority.
4. Remove pay gaps.
5. Make mentors available to everyone.
6. Track progress.
– Hollie Geitner, WordWrite