As the weather warms, construction projects are ramping up. It makes for a good time for all industry professionals to assess where their business stands.
• Evaluate past projects for lessons on what helped them succeed – or what made them progress poorly.
• Check out new industry trends and adjust your contract language accordingly. Drones, for example, have changed the business in ways beyond the worksite.
• Update yourself on any pertinent new laws in areas where you are building.
• Assess your business relationships. Is a pricey-but-reliable supplier worth the extra cost? Is a longtime subcontractor’s performance slipping?
Read more here.
– Josh Lorenz, Meyer, Unkovic & Scott, JRL@MUSLAW.COM