I recently started working from home full time, joining more than 3.9 million employees across the country. As a former Pittsburgher turned remote worker, here’s my quick guide to becoming a successful telecommuter:
1. Set a morning routine: Set your alarm for the same time every day as if you’re going into the office.
2. Try video conferencing: Get some much-needed face time with your team.
3. Communicate often: Check in regularly – always make yourself available during business hours.
4. Keep a dedicated desk: Whether it’s a table or an office suite, set up a specific work space.
– Erin O’Connor, WordWrite Communications