As Pitt students prepare to return to campus, it’s likely the Cathedral of Learning will be the first indication they’ve arrived.
After construction was announced in 1924, a “Buy a Brick” campaign was set in place, which encouraged children to contribute a dime in exchange for the title of “builder of the Cathedral of Learning.” Over 97,000 dimes were contributed, making the Cathedral of Learning truly a building for the people, by the people.
Today, the cathedral serves as a symbol of pride for students and an awe-inspiring display of human ingenuity at its finest.
Hail to Pitt.
– Logan Armstrong, WordWrite