Spring is playing hide-and-seek in Pittsburgh. But, soon enough (we hope), we should hear the buzzing of honey bees. And bees are a ‘Burgh thing. Here are some cool facts about bees:
• The average worker bee lives five to six weeks; the queen bee up to five years.
• During the summer, the queen can lay 2,500 eggs a day.
• They are fast, beating their wings 200 times a second.
• They love fragrant plants, especially lavender.
Bee honey is tasty AND has many health benefits, including healing wounds and aiding in weight loss. Learn more from Burgh Bees.
– Hollie Geitner, WordWrite Communications