It’s hard to think of March in Pittsburgh without thinking about the region’s Irish heritage.
• The city’s first mayor was Irishman Ebenezer Denny, who fought alongside George Washington in the Revolutionary War.
• Pittsburgh’s St. Patrick’s Day parade is nationally recognized.
• The Pittsburgh Steelers majority ownership is a family named Rooney.
• And the late Dan Rooney, former Steelers chief, was U.S. ambassador to Ireland, for St. Patrick’s sake!
Not Irish? Hate green? Colorblind maybe? Take a look around this issue – there’s plenty to do in Pittsburgh to bring March in like a lion and out like a lamb.
– Paul Furiga, WordWrite Communications