Year-end is a good time to take care of personal matters, including updating your estate plan. Here are five signs you may be due for some changes:
1. You haven’t reviewed your will, revocable trust, durable power of attorney or health care directive since they were executed.
2. Your personal, health or economic situation has changed.
3. You haven’t reviewed the beneficiaries listed in planning documents in a few years.
4. You have children and have not reviewed your will to make sure the person(s) you have named as guardian(s) still reflect your wishes.
5. Your charitable intentions have changed.